Our latest Smokeball Billing Update for February 2023 contains various new features and refinements.
- You can now widen the text wrapping for invoice descriptions, giving more room for clarity and detail.
To make this change:
- Go to Firm Settings > Invoice Settings > PDF Invoices.
- Enable Show Fee Total.
- Deselect Show Amount and Tax Per Line Item and click Save.
- You can now add an image of your signature to your PDF invoices.
Navigate to Firm Settings > Invoice Settings to upload your signature. For best results, use a transparent .png image that is cropped to the size of the signature.
- Expenses have now changed to Disbursements on invoices.
- You can now search for an address in the Address Search Bar, allowing you to fill out client data quickly.
- Improvements have been made to the Transactions heading.
- If there is only one Trust Account for the firm, it displays immediately upon clicking the Transactions heading.
- Smokeball Billing now remembers the account you are looking at in the Transactions heading. So upon returning to Transactions, the last displayed tab immediately shows on the screen.
- The Matters page will now load faster upon logging in to Smokeball Billing.
- You can now add a reason when a Trust Deposit request via credit card is made, in compliance with Law Society requirements.
- When depositing funds in trust, a street number or type is not required anymore.
- Invoice reminder summary totals have been updated so that GST better represents the tax amount of a partially paid invoice.