A Memo is a place to store matter work product that you might have previously kept in a legal pad filed alongside your paper file.
Memos may be used to keep notes on phone call logs, matter logs, record request logs, or any action that occurs in a matter.
Below are some basics of the Memo feature:
Memos are stored in an individual tab located at the top of every matter.
- If you created a memo prior to Version 5.1, the memo will still be located where they were and can be continued to be edited/used, but all new memos will be created and stored in the Memo tab.
- Select "Pop Out" to work on a memo next to other screens. Pop-Out Feature allows you to work on more than one memo at once
- Search for memo title or within memos
- Time spent in a memo is automatically tracked by Smokeball's Automatic Activity and Time Tracking (A.I.)
Did you know...
- To print a memo, select the "print" button at the top of the action bar.