There are a number of details you can store for your contacts within Smokeball.
1. Enter in the contacts address details
2. If you have the forwarding address of a contact, this is where you would go to enter this in.
When you need to update the forwarding address to be the current address:
1. Un-tick the Forwarding address box
2. Select "Yes" to update this to the current address
When you have multiple contacts at the same address you can add them in as below:
1. Click on "Add another person" from within the advanced contact view
2. Enter the details for this contact
3. Click Save
4. Your contacts will then display in the matter details as below
If the contacts are at separate addresses, you will need to:
1. Right click on the first contact from the matter details screen
2. Select "Add contact" or "Add existing contact"
3. Enter in the contact details and click Save
4. Your contacts will then display in your matter details as below
Note: You can add in as many contacts as required using both of the above methods
Additional details is where you can add in all other required information for your contacts including:
- Previous name/ Maiden name
- Date of birth (DOB)
- Date of death
- Licence number
- Passport information
You can enter in the individuals VOI details through this tab in the contact card.
Note: The VOI details will remain on the contact card for any future matters you may have for this client.
Execution Party/ Power of Attorney to sign on contacts behalf
If you have a Power of Attorney (POA) executing on behalf of this contact you can enter this information in here.
1. Switch the Execution type to "Power of Attorney to execute"
2. Enter in the POA type and their information
3. Click Save
Other Execution Options
Other execution options can be used when you wish to sign on behalf of you clients (i.e. on your transfer) or If you require specific wording not catered for above or a blank space to hand write the Signing Clause after printing the document.
To sign on your clients behalf:
1. Tick "Where permitted use execution by legal representative on behalf of the person"
2. By default, representing "Another" will be ticketed however if you are representing yourself, you can change this here.
3. The default signer will selected as the person responsible on the matter, if this is not the case you can un-tick this box and enter in an additional signer.
To create a custom execution:
1. Tick "Where a 'custom' or 'blank' execution option exists in documents, use it" option
2. Enter the details in the field that appears below or leave blank.