To import documents from your computer into a Smokeball matter, simply click the Import button in the Action Bar in any matter.
From there you can select to import Files or Folders.
- Selecting Files will open a window to browse through your computer and locate the documents to be imported.
- You can select multiple documents at a time.
- Documents will then be copied into the Smokeball matter and will appear in the document list. The originals will not be affected.
- Selecting Folders will also open a window to browse through. With this option though you will select an entire folder to bring into the matter.
- When Folders are imported the Folder itself will now appear in the document list, containing all the documents originally in that folder.
- You can also access the Import Files or Folders options by right clicking within the document list in a matter.
- An additional method of importing documents is to Click-and-Drag files from a folder on your computer into the document list of a Smokeball matter. Please note this does not work with Outlook emails and attachments. For information on importing those items see our section on Email Basics and Outlook.
If you require any further assistance, please contact us