Version 8.5 of Smokeball includes some exciting new features and updates.
- You can now choose which staff are able to make changes to the Precedent Library by toggling the Precedent Changes permission in Staff & User Settings.
- Note that you must be designated as a Firm Owner to change Staff & User permissions.
- Created by and Last Modified by columns have been added to the Precedents Library.
- Use these columns to distinguish between documents belonging to your firm and those created by another publisher.
- The orange dot previously used to indicate documents published by Smokeball has been removed.
- Quickly create memos outside of a matter by using the Memo action button added to the main Smokeball window.
- Take notes first, then assign the memo to the relevant matter before saving.
- You can have multiple open memo windows at the same time.
- You can now set a filter in the Tasks section to view tasks by a single creator, multiple creators, or all creators.
- This feature is applicable to all existing and new tasks in Smokeball.
- View and track the name of workflows applied to a matter’s tasks list.
- Right-click on the grey column headers to enable the Workflow column.
- This feature is only applicable to tasks created in Smokeball Version 8.5 and above.
- Viewing or editing an invoice automatically uploaded into a matter’s documents section from Smokeball Billing will no longer create a billable item in AutoTime.
- This only applies to finalised invoices copied from Smokeball Billing.