November’s Billing release features exciting new features and bug fixes. Read on to learn more.
You can now add surcharges to invoices.
- Configure surcharges in firm settings or on a per-matter basis.
- Apply or remove surcharges on the draft invoice page.
- Learn more about applying surcharges.
Multiple Trust Accounts
You can now open, edit, and manage more than one trust account in Smokeball Billing.
- View closed trust accounts.
- Designate a default payment account.
- Link multiple trust accounts to LawPay and QuickBooks.
- Learn more about multiple trust accounts.
- You can now open, edit, and manage more than one trust account in Smokeball Billing.
Updates and Bug Fixes
It is no longer possible to select a future date when adding a Trust transaction.
- This change corrects a common reporting issue that resulted if the future date transaction needed to be reversed.
- Single activity line items within a group of activities created by AutoTime can now be set to zero hours.
- Fixed a bug which prevented custom SSRS reports from loading correctly.
- LEDES files now include a separate line for surcharges.
The QuickBooks settings page now includes a field where you can select which account will be assigned surcharges.
- Choose between income accounts or liability accounts.
- Fixed a bug which prevented the Different to Street Address toggle from saving correctly in the Mailing Address section of firm details.
- Fixed a bug which caused the cursor to unexpectedly jump to the end of the text when editing the surcharge label and other text input fields on the PDF settings page.
- Fixed a bug which caused the placeholder text for indicating the custom email tag feature to not display when editing email templates.