Smokeball Word Features
Smokeball's integration in Word is one of the most important features you'll be using in Smokeball. You will be working back and forth between Smokeball and Word daily. With document automation, you'll quickly and accurately generate documents and forms.
There are some important Microsoft Word habits to develop and best practices using Smokeball's powerful integration of Word most importantly utilizing the Smokeball Word Ribbon.
1. (1) Smokeball Ribbon and (2) Toolbar
- Save & Close: Save document and return to Smokeball. ALWAYS USE THIS OPTION WHEN CREATING AND SAVING DOCUMENTS.
- Save: Save changes and continue to work on the document
- Save as: Create an additional copy of the document in Smokeball
- Send: Send an email with the document as a Word attachment, PDF attachment, or the body text of an email
- InfoTrack Electronic Signatures with Docusign: You'll need to create an account with InfoTrack to use this feature
- Close: Close a document that you do not want to save
- Click to open the toolbar and access matter detail
- You can click any field to open the matter details
- You'll see some additional options at the bottom of the toolbar including Replace References
- (1) Save to Smokeball: Save document to a matter, Create a Template to use in Smokeball, or Close and do not save the document
- (2) Click to open and browse open matters to save document to