*Video is best viewed in full screen.
Automation: Formatting Fields
Once you've started automating documents through Field Insertions, you may want to change the actual formatting of how the information shows. You can change the format of text, dates, and numbers.
How to modify the format of the field:
1. Locate the text you want to modify
- (1) Select the text field you want to modify
- (2) On the Automation toolbar, select the "Format Field" you would like to use.
- (3) Apply Format
2. Format is Updated
3. You can also change the format of a date or number by following the same steps.
Did you know…
- You can switch between showing the values and fields in your document
- You can enable Microsoft Word’s Field shading feature to view what words in your template are automated by following the directions below:
1. Display the Word Options dialog box. (In Word 2007, click the Office button and click Word Options. In Word 2010 and 2013, click the File tab and click Options.)
2. At the left of the dialog box, click Advanced.
3. In the Show document content section, click the Field shading drop down list and select Always and Click OK.