Time Scribe: Enable Time Scribe
Time Scribe builds on Activity Intelligence so you never have to time record ever again. There will be many additions and refinements made to Time Scribe, but here are some basics of Time Scribe.
Talk to your account manager on getting Time Scribe activated for your firm. You can also review the current core features of Time Scribe in other sections on our support page.
How to Enable Time Scribe
1. In Smokeball Settings, click on Activities
- (1) Make sure activities is enable. If not, reach out to your account manager
- (2) set the description for time entries. Note: [date] will insert the Time Scribe run date
2. In Smokeball Settings, under Staff & Users, select the staff and click on the billing tab
3. Under the billing tab
- (1) Enter in a default hourly rate for the staff member
- (2) Select: Enable Time Scribe, Send Email when Time Scribe entries are created, and Mark my time entries as billable
Note: Estimated annual cost is only visible to the admin user on your firm. It is used to help calculate matter performance and profitability.
4. Time Scribe will be available and start creating entries for the user daily between 1am-3am depending on your time zone.
Did you know...
- Time Scribe users receive an email as soon as their Time Scribe run has completed. The email will be sorted by matter including the entry duration and amount.
- Time Scribe entries can be edited and modified before sending an invoice to a client. You can edit the date, description, duration, rate, amount. Note: these updates will not be reflected in Activity Intelligence and only in the time entry
- Time Scribe Entries can be deleted
- Time Scribe Entries are NOT automatically billed
- Time Scribe will run every night and create a time/fee entry for all activities performed the previous day. You can manually run Time Scribe for any activities not previously recorded from the Smokeball Home Screen