Document Creation: Replace References
Replace references is a very useful document creation tool to use when you are trying to generate a document for individual parties that are entered on the same card.
For example: Husband / Wife or two parties that are associated together are best to be entered under the same contact card, but may need their own "Power of Attorney" document that essentially is the same, but just changes the name.
How to utilize "replace references" when creating documents:
1. Enter in related parties on the same contact card
2. Generate a document from the Forms/Templates Library. Some documents may only generate for the first party on the contact card
3. Click on the Smokeball Toolbar located on the right side of Word
4. Scroll down and select "replace references"
5. Select what you want to "replace" with the specific party you want to use. In this example, the first party is the "client"
6. Once the party to replace is selected, click the "+" to select the second party. The party entered second on the contact will always be contact "2"
7. Document will be generated for contact 2
8. Save each version using the "Save As" function on the Smokeball Ribbon on the top left
9. Two documents will be saved in the Documents & Emails section