Smokeball will not open. How do I get it back up and running?
If Smokeball is not opening or crashing, the following steps can be performed to troubleshoot this issue:
- Restart your computer.
- Restart the Smokeball Windows service.
- Log out and log back in.
1. Restart your computer. This will not only automatically restart Smokeball, it will help apply updates and keep your computer running smoothly. It is recommended to restart your computer once or twice a week.
2. Sometimes when restarting your computer, the Smokeball Windows service does not start. Restarting the Windows service is like restarting the application.
Open the Task Manager (ctrl + alt + delete).
- Select the Services tab.
- Click "Open Services".
- Find the Smokeball Windows Service.
- Click "Restart the service".
3. If you are able to open Smokeball but find that it is not running correctly even after performing the above steps, try logging out and back into the program. Follow these steps if you have forgotten your password and need to change it.
If the above steps do not work, please submit a ticket or give our support line a call at (855) 668-3207.