I am unable to see my documents and emails. Where can I find them?
If a document or email appears to have gone missing, there are several ways to make sure that the file is not officially lost:
- Changing the view of the "Documents and Emails" section in a matter.
- Making sure the emails are associated with the matter in Outlook.
- Checking in to see if other coworkers can see the files.
First, make sure that the correct view is set to see documents, emails, or both. Below you will see the three different options to adjust this view.
- Either view "Documents" or "Documents and Emails."
- Toggle between viewing All, Documents, Emails, or Memos.
- View either "Folders and Files" or "All Files".
If the emails are not appearing, check to see if the emails are associated to the matter in Smokeball. Open Outlook, open the email (or view it in preview) and make sure that the toolbar reads the matter name and the search bar does not appear.
Lastly, check to see if others are seeing the files. If they cannot or if you are the only person not seeing the files, submit a ticket or give our support line a call at (855) 668-3207.