*Video is best viewed in full screen. Select the "enter full screen" arrows at the bottom right of the video
Documents & Emails
In a matter, the Documents & Emails areas is where you'll find all of your important documents, memos, emails, etc. This area insures that you have one place to store everything that everything you create for a client. You can Import or Scan important documents that are not initiated from the client file.
The Documents & Emails section can be organized in a variety or ways. You can add folders and sub-folders or just search for a specific file you are looking for.
Documents & Emails Area Basics:
- (1) Sort information by showing Documents & Emails, Documents only, or any combination of Documents, Emails, and Memos.
- (2) Click any heading to organize by Name, To, From, Date Modified, Staff
- (3) Right Click anything in the Documents & Emails area to see additional options
- (4) Search Documents and Emails Area or Show Files Only Without Created Folders
- (5) Right Click in open area to create folders and show deleted items
Did you know…
- Whether it is a .docx, .pdf, .xlsx, or .txt, many types of files can be stored in the Documents & Emails area.
- Best Practice: Show Documents only and manage your emails in the Email Tab
- Even if a file is deleted, you can restore that file by showing deleted items and right clicking on the document to restore
- You can create default matter-specific folders that appear in all new matters by clicking the Matter Configuration