*Video is best viewed in full screen
Automation: Field Insertions
Field Insertions allow you to insert data directly from Smokeball Matter Details into your templates. Once you’ve created the data field in the template, the information will be pulled from Smokeball whenever you use that template to automate a document. From closing date to defendant name to attorney number, Smokeball cuts out the busy work of drafting your documents.
Once you insert a field, you can Modify the Format of an Automated Field.
How to Insert a Field into a Template:
- (1) Highlight the desired field
- (2) Find the desired field on the Smokeball toolbar
- (3) Double Click or select insert
- If the same text appears in more than one place in your document, Right Click and select "Insert & Replace All" to replace all fields. Note:Be careful when using this feature. For example: If you are replacing "he," Insert & Replace all will change everywhere the letters "he" appear including "the"
Did you know…
- You can also insert by double clicking on the desired field
- You can switch between showing the values and fields in your document
- You can enable Microsoft Word’s Field shading feature to view what words in your template are automated by following the directions below:
1. Display the Word Options dialog box. (In Word 2007, click the Office button and click Word Options. In Word 2010 and 2013, click the File tab and click Options.)
2. At the left of the dialog box, click Advanced.
3. In the Show document content section, click the Field shading drop down list and select Always and Click OK.