*Video is best viewed in full screen mode
The Ask feature is used to create a data field in your template for information not contained in your Smokeball Matter Details by "Asking" a question (For example: a client owes any outstanding fees, a specific hearing date/time, or any other information you want to insert into a form or letter).
The Automation Toolbar allows you add Asks to a document.
How to add an Ask:
1. From the Automation Toolbar:
- (1) Navigate to "Ask" and Select "Add"
- (2) Enter the details including Field Name, Question, and Answer Type. Note: There are multiple options for how the answer will be formatted.
- Create the Ask
2. Insert the Ask into the template
- (1) Highlight where you want the automated ask to appear in the template
- (2) Select the specific ask
- (3) Double Click or select Insert
3. Every time you create a document with the template, your Ask will pop up before completing automation
Did you know…
- You can create If/Then/Else statements based off an Ask
- You can add basic field insertions for anything that is entered into the Matter Details
- You can switch between showing the values and fields in your document