*Video is best viewed in full screen. Select the "enter full screen" arrows at the bottom right of the video
Smokeball Tasks allow you to generate lists of to-do's to insure you never miss an important step. Tasks can be assigned to specific staff members and given due dates, creating firm wide accountability. If you have a series of tasks that repeat over and over every time you open a matter or work on a specific type of matter, see Workflows for how you can make tasks even more powerful for your practice.
How to Add a Task:
- Within a matter, click Task located on the Action Bar (located on the top left of the matter)
2. Fill out:
- Name of the Task: what you need to get done
- Assigned to: Select an alternate staff member (if necessary)
- Categories (optional): You can create custom categories for your tasks
- Due: Select a due date
- Matter: the matter the task relevant for (if no matter is listed, you can tag a specific matter)
- Details (optional): Any specific notes you want to leave yourself about the task
- Checklist and Comments (optional): On the right side of a task, you can add a checklist of sub-task or additional comments
Once you’ve created a task, it can be viewed from the Smokeball Task Area, Daily Digest, and within the Matter.
Did you know…
- Tasks can also be assigned to a matter other places in Smokeball. See Smokeball Home Screen, Daily Digest, Firm Wide Task Area for more details.