A Memo is a place to store matter work product that you might have previously kept in a legal pad filed alongside your paper file.
Memos may be used to keep notes on phone call logs, matter logs, deposition notes, discovery notes, record request logs, or any action that occurs in a matter.
If you want to bill for any time spent in Memos, time is automatically tracked through Activity Intelligence. You can choose to include Memos as billable or not billable entries on Auto:Time settings.
How to Use Memos:
- You can quickly add a memo from the Matter Action Bar. A new window will open with a Memo (notepad) to add any notes.
- Memos are stored in an individual tab located at the top of every matter.
- When you select the Memo tab, any existing Memos will be accessible to review and review on the left side of the screen.
- You can create new Memos from the action bar or by selecting "add memo button"
- Select "pop out" on any Memo to review individual memos in a new window.
- You can use the "pop out" feature to review multiple Memos at the same time.
- You can search Memos for any content by typing in the search bar.
- Right click to attach a memo to a task or see version history.
- You can override or change time of memo by selecting / highlighting text and typing new date or time.
- Time spent in a memo is automatically tracked by Smokeball's Automatic Activity and Time Tracking (A.I.).
Did you know...
- To print any Memo(s), select the "print" button at the top of the action bar.
- Memos can be searched from Smokeball's Home Screen.