Once you open a matter, there are a variety of helpful features that can help you manage time and billing for a client.
How to navigate a matter in Smokeball Billing
- Everything you need for Billing for that Matter is all located in one place.
- (1) Matter information including client name, matter type, reference number, etc.
- (2) High level overview of your matter. Note: if using Evergreen Retainer for Trust and amounts fall below minimum balance, the values turn "red."
- (3) Matter tabs to review, edit, and create time, fees, expenses, invoices, and transactions to trust or operating accounts.
- Each Matter has a variety of tabs.
|Time & Fees||
Review, edit, and create new time/fee entries. Learn more about Time & Fee Entry.
Review, edit, and create new expense entries. Learn more about Expense Entry.
Review, edit, and create new, and add payments to invoices. The Matter Invoices Tab will only show relevant invoices for that specific matter. Smokeball has an Invoices View where you can manage invoices across all Matters. Learn more about creating invoices.
Manage the trust and operating account for an individual Matter including deposits, payments, and credit card requests. Smokeball integrates with LawPay for credit card transactions. Learn more about Depositing Funds into Trust or Operating Retainer.
Did You Know
Smokeball Billing allows you to have multiple matters open at one time creating various matter windows at the top of Smokeball Billing.