Below are the highlighted new features and refinements in the Smokeball Billing August 2018 Release.
Past Due Balance Reminders
- This feature is available on limited release in August 2018. Reach out to your Account Manager on how to get early access to this feature.
- In addition, make sure to review the Past Due Reminders Article on how to set up your settings.
- Smokeball Billing now has the ability to send past due reminders to clients with no new balance.
- This feature is helpful for any clients that do not require a new invoice to be sent out.
- Once activated, a "Reminders" tab will be available in the invoices area.
- (1) There are a variety of filters available to use including overdue by a certain number of days, attorney responsible, or balance overdue to narrow down which reminders you want to send
- (2) Select which past due invoices to send reminders to
- (3) Choose "combine in PDF" for printing or downloading to send or "email reminder" to email directly from Smokeball Billing.
- Once a Reminder has been sent, the "Last Reminder" column will show the date the reminder was last sent.
- Select the three dots to preview, view, or email a reminder for an idividual item
- If a client has several past due invoices, select the arrow to see more detail and select individual invoices.
- Below is an example of what a Past Due Invoice Reminder looks like
Time & Expense Refinements in Smokeball Version 5.3
- When exporting Time & Expense entries, the description is now included in the export.
- Subject field auto completes based off of activity codes when entering time, fee, or expenses.