Below are the highlighted new features released in January 2021 for Smokeball Billing.
- Smokeball now supports the ability to make bulk trust payment of invoices on matters that have trust money available.
- This functionality allows users to avoid having to repeat a single trust payment for every invoice they would like to apply a trust balance to, saving valuable time.
- Under the Invoices Tab on Smokeball Billing (located along the left side of the screen) a new tab has been added labeled Bulk Trust Payment. The Bulk Trust Payment tab will list all the invoices that have an outstanding balance and trust balance.
- The user can now select the invoices you want to pay in one Bulk Trust Payment by checking the box on the left-hand side of each invoice entry.
- Please note that by default the Auto Allocate button will be enabled. This automatically applies the maximum available trust amount to the invoice. If you turn this off, the Trust Transfer column field is then editable and only accepts a value that is available in the matter trust.
As invoices are selected, the number displayed in brackets in the 'PAY' button will reflect the number of invoices that are selected by the user.
- Once the user is ready to finalize the batch payment, they can click on the 'PAY' button to proceed with the transaction.
- Once the 'PAY' button has been clicked, a Bulk Trust Payment pop-up will appear with a summary of the transaction including the total amount, and the number of invoices and matters affected.
- The user then has the option to select the payment type i.e. Not Applicable (Bank Transfer) or Trust Check. If Trust Checks are not active the user will not see this field.
- They are also able to enter a Reference for the transaction if selecting Not Applicable. Otherwise, the Reference is AUTO GENERATED.
- If Checks are selected as the payment method:
The same check process takes place although if there is more than one invoice included in the transaction, the remittance and office copy sections of the voucher will list a table, detailing each matter.
The Transaction Details pop-up will display a list of all of the invoices on the Bulk Trust Payment and the paid amount that was allocated to the invoice, as well as the Bulk Trust Payment total.
On the Transaction Detail pop-up, click on the Reverse or Delete link, which is located at the bottom of the screen. As per normal, provide your reason and click the 'PROCESS' button.
Please note that if you view the Transaction Details pop-up at a matter, contact or account level, it will still reverse/delete all the payments to invoices that are linked to the Bulk Trust Payment.