Checks can be printed in Smokeball Start for either individual or split payments, checks can be written from trust for invoice payments.
Smokeball Start supports voucher checks and standard check template.
How to Set Up and Print a Check in Smokeball Start
- In Accounts Settings, found in your Smokeball Start Firm Settings, activate check printing.
- Select Trust & Operating Trust Check Settings and "activate trust check printing."
- Choose check style and preference for printing checks.
- Save your settings.
- When you process a Trust Payment or make a payment, the option to print a check will become available.
- When ready to print checks, from Accounts, select print checks, and process.
- Enter the first check number, select the checks you want to print, and process.
- You can override the check date by selecting an appropriate date. Otherwise, the date will default to the date the checks are processed.
- Note: If you have not processed any Trust Payments, the Print Check button will show no checks are available to print
- The checks will be processed and be available for printing by selecting the download at the bottom left of the screen and printing.
- When you print the check, make sure "fit to page" or "fit to paper" is not chosen for scale and select print.
Did You Know
- You can print operating checks for advance expense costs. Learn more about Operating Checks.
- You can print a check when making a payment to an invoice. Once you select that you are making a payment to an invoice from trust, an option will appear to print a check now, later, or manually write out the check.