Smokeball Start has the ability to send past due reminders to clients with no new time or expense entries to be invoiced. This feature is helpful for any clients that do not require a new invoice to be sent out but still have a balance due.
This article walks through how to set up and use Past Due Reminders.
- Settings for Invoice Reminders are located under Email Templates.
- Invoice Reminder settings allow you to set the email template and add options to the invoice reminder.
- (1) Edit the email template. All available placeholders are located as you scroll down.
- (2) Choose to send a copy of the email reminder to the user logged in to Smokeball Start.
- (3) Preview the Invoice Reminder.
- Scroll down to add in any custom notes, choose to show an account summary, and save your settings.
- You can find reminders on the Invoices tab as shown below.
- (1) There are a variety of filters to narrow down which reminders you want to send
- (2) Select which debtors to send reminders to
- (3) Choose "COMBINE PDF" for printing or downloading. Choose "EMAIL REMINDER" to email directly from Smokeball Start.
- Once a Reminder has been sent via email, the "Last Reminder" column will show the date the reminder was last sent.
- Select "..." to preview, view, or email an individual reminder.
- If a client has several past due invoices, select the arrow to see more details and select individual invoices.
- Below is an example of an email of the reminder and the attached Past Due Invoice Reminder.