Trust Payments can be issued for any transaction where Trust Account funds are not being applied to an invoice.
Trust payment is a great way to record a refund of retainer to your client or payments to vendors and third parties.
Recording a Trust Payment
- On the transactions tab within a matter, select Trust Payment
- Fill in appropriate Trust Payment details and process the transaction.
- Select an account and party that is receiving payment
- Enter the amount and type
- Smokeball Billing has a Check Printing feature for Trust Payments. Learn More about Check Printing.
- Add any additional notes and process
- Note: There is an option to open a PDF receipt for the transaction. Learn more about Trust Deposit and Payment Receipts.