Below are the highlighted new features released in July 2022 for Smokeball Billing:
Smokeball Billing has added a feature that enables the selection of multiple line items and the ability to mark all of the selected items as billable or non-billable using the new Bulk Actions button.
Learn more about this new feature in our Time or Fixed Fee Entry article.
- Email Templates in the Firm Settings of Smokeball Billing have been updated for styling and functionality.
The placeholders are now consistent across the Invoices, Invoice Reminders, and Evergreen Retainer tabs.
New placeholder values have been added to the templates to improve customization and consistency.
- All the placeholder values in the drop-down menus now have description details.
Learn more about Billing Settings.
CC and BCC Support for Billing Emails
- Smokeball Billing now enables users to CC and BCC email addresses on individual matters.
- CC and BCC email addresses will appear when drafting an email to send on the matter.
- CC and BCC email addresses will also be included in evergreen retainer emails and invoice reminder emails.
- Selecting the sent envelope icon on the Invoices page will now display cc and bcc email addresses.
- Lean more about adding CC and BCC email addresses.
Opening Balance on the Retainer Statement Report
- The Retainer Statement Report now displays the opening balance of the operating retainer and trust account at the start of the designated reporting period.
- The opening balance is the starting value used to calculate the figures displayed in the report’s Balance column.
- Selecting the unpaid or overdue summary total in the upper right-hand corner of an individual matter now applies a filter to the Invoices tab. For example, selecting the “Unpaid” summary total will only display unpaid invoices.
- Selecting the unbilled summary total will display the Time & Fees tab.
- Selecting the credit, operating, or trust summary total will display the Transactions tab.
- The placeholder for the Smokeball Start login page has been changed from “Username” to “Email Address.”