Learn how to set up an Out of Office message in the Client Portal that displays to recipients during your specified Out of Office dates.
- Navigate to the gear icon on the top-right corner of the Smokeball desktop app to access Smokeball Settings.
- Select the Staff & Users tab and double-click on the user you wish to set an Out of Office message for.
- Navigate to the Out of Office section and tick Schedule an out of office message.
- Use the date picker to choose the Start Date and End Date of your Out of Office days.
- Select Save.
How the Out of Office message works
When a staff member opens a Client Portal conversation with a staff member during a day they are out of the office, they will be notified by a message above the text box.
If you are replying to a message during your out-of-office period, the text box will display a small reminder that you are currently set as out of the office.
When your client opens the Communicate conversation with you while you are out of the office, they will see a similar message on the Communicate mobile app or web browser.
Out of Office message on the Communicate Mobile App
Out of Office message on the web browser
Good to Know
- You can dismiss the green Out of Office message by clicking the X icon. However, when you leave and re-enter the conversation, the Out of Office message will reappear.
- You can set up Out of Office dates on behalf of another staff member by double-clicking on their name in the Staff & Users section of Smokeball Settings.