This article will show you how to:
- Create a New Motor Vehicle Accident matter
- Enter the Accident Claim Details
- Change existing General matters to Motor Vehicle Accident matters
- Subscribe to the new Personal Injury Precedent Profile
- Click New Matter from the Home Screen.
- Select State: VIC.
- Select Matter Category: Personal Injury
- Select Matter Type: Motor Vehicle Accident
- Enter the parties, including all relevant details.
- Select 'Accident Claim Details' to enter the Accident Date, Time and Place. You can also record the Accident Description, Injury Description, and TAC Claim Number here.
- To add Uncommon Contacts to your matter, open the Matter Settings and select the appropriate contact from the Parties & Data available in your matter.
For Motor Vehicle Accident (VIC), the available parties include Deceased, Defendant, Employer, Accountant, Barrister, Previous Solicitor and Additional Contact:
- If your Motor Vehicle Accident matter is litigated, you can also add the Case Details layout to your matter using the Matter Settings button.
See the Litigation General (VIC) article for more information on how to correctly enter your data for Litigated matters.
Existing VIC General matters can be easily changed to Motor Vehicle Accident as follows:
- Open your existing General matter (used for Motor Vehicle Accident)
- Open Matter Type
- Select change...
- Select new Matter Type as Personal Injury > Motor Vehicle Accident
- Select OK:
- Enter Reason For Change
- Select OK:
- Your matter will now appear as 'Motor Vehicle Accident', with the party roles and layouts that are available in the Motor Vehicle Accident matter:
Don't forget to! ...
- See Precedent Profiles for more information on subscribing to precedent profiles.
We have some new Motor Vehicle Accident precedents and forms available in the Smokeball Precedent Library, including automated TAC Forms:
You can also 'Request a form' to have additional forms added to the Precedent Library!