This article will show you how to:
- Create a Commercial General matter
- Enter Client and other parties
- Add Uncommon Contacts and Layouts
- Change the Matter Description
- Change a General matter to Commercial General matter
- Click New Matter from the Home Screen.
- Select the State of your Commercial matter.
- Select Matter Type: Commercial General.
- Select 'Next':
- Enter your client details, and any relevant other parties:
- See Adding Contacts for more information on adding contacts generally.
- To add Uncommon Contacts and Layouts to your matter, open the Matter Settings and select the appropriate contact from the Parties & Data available in your matter.
- Open Info to change the Re Line or Matter Description of your Commercial General matter. Select Override to type a new Re Line or Matter Description:
Change existing General matter to Commercial General
- Open your existing General matter (used for Commercial General)
- Open Matter Type
- Select change...
- Select new Matter Type as Commercial> CommercialGeneral
- Select OK:
- Enter Reason For Change
- Select OK:
Your matter will now appear as 'Commercial General', with the party roles and layouts that are available in the Commercial General matter: