This article will show you how to:
- Create a new "Care and Protection - Parent or Guardian" Matter
- Enter the Case Details
- Add Children
- Add additional contacts (E.g. Non Government Organisation)
- Change a General matter to a "Care and Protection - Parent or Guardian" Matter
To create a new Care and Protection - Parent or Guardian matter, follow the steps below.
1. Select Care and Protection > "Care and Protection - Parent or Guardian" and click on 'Next.'
2. Enter the parties' details. For each party, after entering the Name and Contact Details, click on the Advanced view and enter the Additional Details, including Birth Date, and Language of Interpreter (if applicable). To add an additional "Other Party", right-click on the name of the first 'Other Party' and select Add Other Party > Same Solicitor/Different Solicitor.
3. Next, Click on Details and select the Relationship role of each party, and Court Role.
4. Enter the details for the other relevant parties in your matter, including the Department of Communities and Justice.
Enter the Case Details, including the Case Number. You can go back later and enter further details as applicable, including Establishment Date.
1. Enter the details for the relevant child as you would for your client and the Other Party/ies, including entering Birth Date.
2. Next, enter the relevant Details for that child, including the Type of Lawyer and KiDS number
3. To add another child, right-click on the name of the first child and select Add Child. Then add their details as you would for the first child.
- To add further Contacts to your matter such as an Non Government Organisation or Barrister, open the Matter Settings and select the appropriate Contact.
- You will then be able to enter the contact details for that additional contact.
1. To change an existing General matter to a "Care and Protection - Parent or Guardian" matter, Double-Click on 'Matter Type', enter the Reason For Change, select change, select "Care and Protection - Parent or Guardian", then press OK.