Use this troubleshooting guide to resolve issues with the Smokeball Web App, which powers Smokeball Bill, Smokeball Boost and the Grow/Prosper+ web app products.
Use Google Chrome
The Smokeball Web App runs best on Google Chrome. Using other browsers may cause performance and display issues.
Replicate the issue in an incognito window
Issues with data syncing or discrepancies in your billing may be caused by the cookies saved to your Google Chrome browser. Check if the issue fixes itself when logging in to the web app via an incognito window:
- In Google Chrome, select the three dots on the top-right corner of the browser, then click on New Incognito Window. Alternatively, press Ctrl+Shift+N on your keyboard.
- Open https://app.smokeball.com.au/ in the incognito window and log in with your details.
- Check if the data sync or discrepancies in billing figures have resolved themselves in the incognito window.
Delete Smokeball Web App cookies
If the Smokeball Web App displays data correctly in the incognito window, then you will need to delete the Smokeball web cookies from your browser:
- In a regular Google Chrome browser, select the three dots on the top-right corner, then click on Settings.
- Select Privacy and security from the left panel, then select Third-party cookies.
- Click on See all site data and permissions.
- Search for "smokeball.com.au" in the search bar. Then, click on the smokeball.com.au entry and delete the entry for app.smokeball.com.au.
- Close and reopen Google Chrome. Log back into https://app.smokeball.com.au/ and check if the issue has been resolved.
If the issue persists after deleting Smokeball Web App cookies, try the following steps:
- Perform a hard refresh of Google Chrome by holding Ctrl+F5 with the web app open.
- Disable any third-party extensions such as ad-blockers. Do not disable any Smokeball Chrome extensions.
- Log out and log back into the web app.
As a last resort, contact Smokeball Support to conduct further troubleshooting, such as gathering console logs and hardware information.