VIC - Child Protection - Childrens Representative

This article will show you how to:

Create a new matter 

To create a new Child Protection - Children's Representative matter, follow the steps below. 

1. Select Child Protection > "Child Protection - Children's Representative" and click on 'Next.'

Add Children and Other Parties 

1. Enter the child's details. For each child, after entering the Name and Contact Details, click on the Advanced view and enter the Additional Details, including Birth Date.   

2. To add an additional Child, right-click on the name of the first Child and select Add Child > Select Same Solicitor. 

3. Next, enter the relevant Details for each child, including the Type of Lawyer (that you are) and the child's current living arrangements. If you select "Best Interests Representative", ensure to Tab on your keyboard to see the "Reason" dropdown list.

4. Next, enter the Other Party's details.  Enter the details for the relevant Party as you would for the children, including entering Birth Date.

5. Click on Details and select the Relationship role of each party, and Court Role.

6. Enter the details for the other relevant parties in your matter, including the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing. 

Enter the Case Details

Enter the Case Details, including the Case Number. You can also enter go to the Court Proceedings tab and enter the upcoming Court dates and select "Create Events" to create calendar entries.  


Add additional contacts 

To add further Contacts to your matter such as Non Government Organisation or Child Protection Practitioner, open the Matter Settings and select the appropriate Contact.

Change a General matter to a Child Protection - Children's Representative matter

To change an existing General matter to a "Child Protection -Children's Representative" matter, Double-Click on 'Matter Type', enter the Reason For Change, select change, select "Child Protection - Children's Representative", then press OK.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.