This article will show you how to:
- Create a new "Child Protection - Parent or Guardian" Matter
- Enter the Case Details
- Add Children
- Add additional contacts, e.g Non Government Organisation or Child Protection Practitioner
- Change a General matter to a "Child Protection - Parent or Guardian" Matter
To create a new Child Protection - Parent or Guardian matter, follow the steps below.
1. Select Child Protection > "Child Protection - Parent or Guardian" and click on 'Next.'
2. Enter the parties' details. For each party, after entering the Name and Contact Details, click on the Advanced view and enter the Additional Details, including Birth Date.
3. To add an additional "Other Party", right-click on the name of the first 'Other Party' and select Add Other Party > Select Same Solicitor or Different Solicitor.
4. Next, Click on Details and select the Relationship role of each party, and Court Role.
5. Enter the details for the other relevant parties in your matter, including the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
Enter the Case Details, including the Case Number. You can also enter go to the Court Proceedings tab and enter the upcoming Court dates and select "Create Events" to create calendar entries.
1. Enter the details for the relevant child as you would for your client and the Other Party/ies, including entering Birth Date.
2. Next, enter the relevant Details for that child, including the Type of Lawyer and Current Living Arrangements. If you select "Best Interests Representative", ensure to Tab on your keyboard to see the "Reason" dropdown list.
To add further Contacts to your matter such as Non Government Organisation or Child Protection Practitioner, open the Matter Settings and select the appropriate Contact.
1. To change an existing General matter to a "Child Protection - Parent or Guardian" matter, Double-Click on 'Matter Type', enter the Reason For Change, select change, select "Child Protection - Parent or Guardian", then press OK.