When Smokeball cannot communicate with Word the Toolbar in Word will be missing and the below error will appear when trying to generate document in Smokeball:
To enable Smokeball Add-in for Word:
- In a Word document, click on the File on the top left corner
- Select Options
- Select Add-ins
- Under Manage: expand the drop-down list then select COM Add-ins
- In the list of Add-ins available, tick box Smokeball Toolbar and click OK
- Other troubleshooting that may be able to assist: Quick Microsoft Office Repair and Restart Smokeball Windows Services.
- Always use Smokeball Toolbar to Save/Close the document and
- If you are experiencing overall slowness with Word, it's a good idea to review your active Addins and disable any that you do not use. If you are unsure which ones you require, contact your office IT support for assistance.