- There are a variety of additional fields in Smokeball's Workers Compensation Law matter types.
- If you don't see a particular party listed in the matter details, select the gear to access the matter setting.
- Add or remove parties as needed.
- Open a matter and mark the matter as "Pending" or create a pending Matter Template.
- Even if you don't take the case, this will allow you to save important details and correspondence that may be used later.
- Once a client has signed a contingency/fee agreement, you can change the status to "Open".
- You can also run reports based on your "Pending" clients to retain more clients.
- If Smokeball does not have a field already created for use and there is a unique party to keep track of on a matter, use "Authorized Contact." For example, if you need to keep a client’s family member information.
- Experts or Doctors: You can specify your experts or doctors the same way as authorized contacts. To edit you contacts, right click on the contact and select “Edit Role and Legal Description.”
Workers Compensation contacts vary from state to state. If there is a contact missing, let your Account Manager know.
Did you know...
If there are specific contacts that you want detailed on every matter, you can create a Matter Template to default contacts. Each time you create a new matter based off the matter template, the contacts will already be there for you.