Note: Matter Stages are only available for Prosper+ users.
Matter Stages are a great way to organize your matters. Use matter stages to stay on top of where each matter is and give your clients the best service.
Set up Matter Stages
- Select the gear icon in the upper right corner of Smokeball and select Matter Stages.
- To create Matter Stages, select add new.
- Create a title for the stage and use the change... link to select which Matter Types you would like the Matter Stage to be available for.
- Enter the stages in your preferred order and select Save & Close.
Apply Matter Stages
Once you have set up your Matter Stages, you can apply them to a Matter:
- Select the Matter Stages dropdown menu and choose the appropriate stage.
- Select Go to this stage to move to the next stage.
- You can switch to different Matter Stage configurations. Use this feature when working with complicated matters that have multiple levels or potential paths.
- You can organize or track the status of your matters on Smokeball's home screen by selecting Matters and applying the Matter Stages filter.
- Note: If you don't see Matter Stage as a heading, right-click on the grey table headers to add the option.
Send automated Communicate messages
Matter Stages can automatically send messages to your client via Communicate as their case progresses and keep them up to date on the status of their matter.
- Select the gear icon and then select Matter Stages.
- Double-click on an existing Matter Stage to open the Edit Stage Set window.
- Select Add an automated Communicate message.
- Complete the fields for when to send the message, the party receiving the message, and the content of the message.
- Optional: You can add an automated field to the Communicate message by using the Insert Field menu and then selecting the blue Insert link.
- Once the new setting is saved, and the matter moves to the next stage, you will receive a prompt to send a message via Communicate.
- Your client will receive a secure message, and all Communicate messages are stored in the Communicate tab.
- Note: If your client has not previously used Communicate, they will receive an invitation with instructions on how to use this feature.