You can also download the Smokeball Communicate Mobile App on the Apple or Google Play Store to chatting with your law firm.
This article walks through what your experience will be like using Communicate including:
- When you receive your first secure message, you will receive a notification via email to set up your Communicate account.
- Select "Get Started" to set up your account and start sending messages or reviewing documents securely.
- Log into Communicate
- Brand new communicate users: If the user is a new third party Communicate user accessing for the first time, the user would be required to authenticate their email address with two factor authentication.
- Returning communicate users: If the user is returning to an existing recent conversation, they will be taken straight into the conversation using two factor authentication.
- Note: If you are accessing a historic conversation, they may need to request a new secure link (secure links expiry after 7 days).
- Once logged in using two factor authentication, you can update your user profile by selecting your name on the top right of your web browser.
- Communicate is very easy to navigate.
- (1) Select the conversation you want to review. If you are involved in multiple conversations, all conversations will be listed on the left side of the screen.
- (2) Quickly toggle between the message history or files only
- (3) Review individual messages and/or attachments.
- (4) Respond to messages and attach files.
It is very easy to send messages and files through Communicate.
- From the conversation, type any message and select the paper clip to attach files to the message.
- Attachments can be dragged and dropped into the window or by selecting the files from your computer.
- Once a message has been sent, it can be edited or reviewed by selecting the three dots located to each message.
- Select any attachment to review the file.
- (1) Select the arrow to go back to the conversation.
- (2) Preview the document.
- (3) Add additional comments to the file. Note: All comments will also appear in the main conversation.
- (4) Download the file.
When new messages are sent, a email notification will be sent to view the new message.
If you are using the Communicate Mobile App, an additional notification will also be sent.
- Log in to review the message and/or shared file(s).
- You can log into Communicate on a web browser at anytime or from a mobile phone. You will need to verify your identify using two factor identification.
- To make sending messages and reviewing files securely easy while on-the-go, Communicate has a mobile app.
- Learn more about the Communicate Mobile App.
- When not using the Communicate App, notifications will be sent to your phone.