This article walks through some example workflows for Criminal Law matters. Since every law firm and jurisdiction may be a little different, we encourage you to edit this workflow based on your own preferences or jurisdictional requirements.
If you are new to Smokeball and Workflows, review Workflows on specifics on how to create a workflow. It is simple to assign tasks to an attorney responsible, person assisting, or specific staff members.
- Obtain certified copy of driving record from the secretary of state (on matter opening)
- Obtain copies of Warning to Motorist and Tickets (on matter opening)
- Did the client refuse breathalyzer?
- Did the client blow over 0.08 BAC?
- Review driving record (on 2 completed)
- How many prior DUI’s has this client had?
- Draft Petition to Rescind Summary Suspension of Driver’s License (on 3 completion)
- 30 day reminder to file petition (60 days after arrest date)
- Note: It has been 60 days from the arrest date. 30 more days left to file.
- File Petition to Rescind Summary Suspension (90 days after arrest date)
- Set hearing on Petition to Rescind Summary Suspension (on 6 completion)