Managing critical deadlines and your Calendar is vital to your firm's success. Smokeball's calendar syncs with Outlook. Any calendar event created in Smokeball can appear Outlook, and every event created in Outlook can appear in Smokeball.
Depending on your firm's calendar preferences, you may be using Outlook or Smokeball as your primary place of creating calendar events.
You will want to sync your Outlook calendar to Smokeball for every user regardless.
This article will give you some suggestions of how your firm could utilize Smokeball's integration with Outlook based on your preference.
Even if you decide to use Outlook as your primary calendar, you will still enjoy the benefits of Smokeball's integration with Outlook.
If you are unsure what is best for you, talk with your Account Manager for the best practices of calendering for your firm.
|Smokeball Primary Calendar Users
||Outlook Primary Calendar Users
- Previous system did not have a central calendar or strong way of managing deadlines
- Users prefer to create and review events all in the same place as their matters.
- Users want to use Smokeball's Mobile Application for managing their calendar. If a user does not use the desktop application of Outlook to manage their Calendar and relies on mobile use, this is a great option.
- Users do not have any shared or group calendars in Outlook they want to Sync. Smokeball's Calendar becomes your firm's shared calendar.
- Users have used Outlook's calendar and functionality extensively.
- Users are comfortable with using Outlook's functionality and prefer to use Outlook's Calendar.
- Users use Outlook's shared calendars, group calendars, etc.
- Users frequently print their calendar views.
- Users have custom categories for Calendar Events that they want to use.
- Mobile users love Outlook's Mobile Application.
- Users still create Critical Dates from advanced Matter functionality in Smokeball.