Personal Injury firms use matter tags in a variety of ways. You can apply an unlimited amount of matter tags to organize your matters or run custom reports.
Here are some examples of some matter tags to implement in your firm:
- Further differentiate type of case when using PI Advanced: Slip and Fall, Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA), Medical Malpractice, Product Liability
- Note: You may notice that Smokeball has specific matter types for these types of cases, but PI Advanced is all encompassing and allows you to track more important details with all injury type cases. We recommend always using PI Advanced.
- Status of the case: Pre-litigation, Litigation, Trial, Mediation, In Appeals
- Other useful tags: Still Treating, Demand Out, Records Request Sent, All Records Received, In Negotiation, Contested Witness, Animal Attack, Dog Bite, Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI)
If you are unsure what tags could be useful to your firm, reach out to your Account Manager for additional help.
Once you assign a tag to a matter, they will appear at the top of the matter.
1. Within your open matter, click the at the top right of the screen. Add (1) Staff Tags or (2) Custom Tags
2. Click outside the tag box to close it.
To add an additional tag within your open matter Edit Tags and add additional default options
Did you know...
- You can organize your matters on the home screen by matter tags using the filter