This article will point you in the right direction for starting a billing cycle including:
Once you have sent your invoices to clients, Smokeball Billing has a variety of features to help you get paid and complete your billing cycle. Learn more about additional features and completing a billing cycle with Smokeball Billing.
- All time, fee, and expense entries are located in Smokeball Desktop and Smokeball Billing.
- Learn more about creating or editing time, fee, or expense entries.
- Note: You can edit pending AutoTime entries in real time. Learn more about pending AutoTime entries.
If you are already in a matter in Smokeball Desktop, select the Billing button from the Action Bar in Smokeball or search for a particular matter in Smokeball Billing.
- Select "create invoice" to start an invoice for that Matter.
- Save the invoice as a draft until you are ready to finalize and send to a client.
- Invoices can be emailed directly from Smokeball Billing or downloaded as a PDF.
- Learn more about creating individual invoices in Smokeball Billing.
Whether you are responsible for creating, editing, and finalizing all invoices, or creating drafts for Attorneys to review, Smokeball Billing has all the features you need.
- On the left side of Smokeball Billing, you can access your Invoices across all matters. From this area, you can access all the bulk creation options.
- Select Create Invoices, filter and select the invoices to generate, and select "create." You can bulk create drafts or finalized invoices.
- Learn more about Bulk Invoicing.
- Edit: Moves the invoice back into draft form. Note: If a payment has already been made to an invoice, the "edit" option will not appear. You must reverse or delete a payment prior to being able to edit a finalized invoice with a payment. Select the "payment" tab on the invoice to reverse a payment.
- Void: Reverses any payments or transactions and allows for entries to be put on another invoice. Note: A copy of the voided invoice will be viewable.
- Waive: Use to write off the remaining balance of the invoice. Note: A waive can be reversed.
- To apply a payment to an individual invoice, select "add payment" on the invoice.
- Learn more about Applying Payments to a single invoice.
Bulk Finalizing with Payments is a feature that allows you to automatically apply funds from trust or operating retainer to invoices in a few steps.
- Prior to using this feature, configure your Bulk Finalize with Payments settings in Billing Settings.
- To Bulk Finalize Invoices with payments, select the "finalize with payments" tab under invoices.
- Learn more about Bulk Finalize with Payments.