This article will show you how to:
- Create an Employment General matter
- Enter Client and other parties
- Add Uncommon Contacts
- Change the Matter Description
- Change a General matter to Employment General
- Click New Matter from the Home Screen.
- Select the State of your Employment matter.
- Select Matter Type: Employment General.
- Select which party you are acting for (Employee or Employer)
- Select 'Next':
- Enter your client details, and any relevant other parties:
- See Adding Contacts for more information on adding contacts generally.
- To add Uncommon Contacts to your matter, open the Matter Settings and select the appropriate contact from the Parties & Data available in your matter.
- Open Info to change the Re Line or Matter Description of your Employment General matter. Select Override to type a new Re Line or Matter Description:
Change existing General matter to Employment General
- Open your existing General matter (used for Employment General)
- Open Matter Type
- Select change...
- Select new Matter Type as Employment > Employment General
- Select OK:
- Select which Party you are acting for (Employee or Employer)
- Enter Reason For Change
- Select OK:
Your matter will now appear as 'Employment General', with the party roles and layouts that are available in the Employment General matter: