This article will show you how to:
- Create a New Workers Compensation matter
- Enter the Employment Details
- Enter the Insurer Details
- Enter the Accident Details
- Enter the Commission Details (if applicable)
- Enter the Court Details (if applicable)
- Enter the Doctor Details
- Enter the MedicoLegal Details
- Change existing General matters to Workers Compensation matters
- Subscribe to the new Personal Injury Precedent Profile
- Click New Matter from the Home Screen
- Select State: NSW
- Select Matter Category: Personal Injury
- Select Matter Type: Workers Compensation
- Enter the Claimant, including all relevant details
- Enter the Employer and then select the Employment Details layout to add the Employment Type, Start Date, Hours worked per week and Hourly Rate
- Enter the Insurer and then select the Insurer Details layout to add the Insurer's Claim Number and Policy Number
- Select 'Accident Details' to enter the Accident Date, Time and Place. You can also record the Injury Description, Injury Type and Police Event Number here
- If the matter is proceeding to the Workers Compensation Commission (WCC) then you should also add your Commission Details, including the Commission Matter Number and WCC
- If the matter is proceeding in the Courts, you will need to add the Court Details layout to your matter from Matter Settings
- Enter the Doctor/s and then select the Doctor Details layout for each Doctor to add the Doctor Type and select whether they are the Nominated Treating Doctor or giving evidence
- Enter the MedicoLegal/s and then select the MedicoLegal Details layout for each MedicoLegal to add the MedicoLegal Type and select whether they are giving evidence
- To add Uncommon Contacts and Layouts to your matter, open the Matter Settings and select the appropriate contact from the Parties & Data available in your matter.
For Workers Compensation (NSW), the available parties include Deceased, Accountant, Barrister, Previous Solicitor and Additional Contacts:
Existing NSW General matters can be easily changed to Workers Compensation as follows:
- Open your existing General matter (used for Workers Compensation)
- Open Matter Type
- Select change...
- Select new Matter Type as Personal Injury > Workers Compesnation
- Select OK:
- Enter Reason For Change
- Select OK:
- Your matter will now appear as 'Workers Compensation', with the party roles and layouts that are available in the Workers Compensation matter:
Don't forget to! ...
- See Precedent Profiles for more information on subscribing to precedent profiles.
We have some new Workers Compensation precedents and forms available in the Smokeball Precedent Library, including automated SIRA Forms:
You can also 'Request a form' to have additional forms added to the Precedent Library!