The Safe Custody Register is located on Contact cards under the Safe Custody Register tab.
Access Safe Custody from within a matter by simply opening the contact card or by right clicking and selecting Open Safe Custody Register
From this tab you can:
- Add a new packet
- Add a new document
- Review and edit existing entries
- Update the document movements
- View change history
- Manage settings
Add a new Packet
From the contact card, select new packet. Enter the details relevant to this packet.
Good to Know:
- The Packet Numbers can be set to automatically populate in the Settings (recommended after all historical data has been entered)
- To add a second contact to be related to this packet, select add another under the Contacts name
- All existing packets related to the contact will appear in the left-hand column and once selected, the packet information will display at the bottom.
- To edit the location or notes once created, users can select the pencil icon when hovering over the packet name.
New documents can be added to an existing packet for the contact. There is no limit to the number of documents that can be recorded in the register.
Safe Custody Settings are available from any Safe custody tab and are firm-wide settings, not specific to this contact or user.
From Settings you can:
1. Set to manual or auto for Packet Numbers
2. Set the starting auto Packet Number and the number of digits in your required number format
3. Enter new Document Types to be used across Safe Custody - by entering the name and clicking Add button
4. Delete existing Document Types that have been provided in the standard list
Reporting / Full Listing of Safe Custody:
Reporting on the Safe custody register is available from the Smokeball Reports tab.
Good to Know:
- Contacts must have an address to add a packet
- Requires a value in at least one of these fields to proceed: street number, name, type or suburb
- Contacts can have more than 1 packet
- Packets cannot be deleted
- Only the location and notes can be edited
- When adding a packet, the Storage location will always display the last entry
- A document can only be added once a packet is available on the contact
- Once created:
- Documents cannot be deleted
Only the Document type, description, and movement status can be edited