Duplicate contact cards may be created if a new contact was created for a matter when the contact already exists in Smokeball. Learn how to clean up duplicate contacts from your Contacts list.
- Navigate to the Contacts section from the left menu in Smokeball.
- Find the contact you wish to keep and double-click it. Make sure all information is up-to-date and completed on this contact.
- Select Save – now right-click on the duplicate contact and select Delete.
- Find the matter(s) that may have had a duplicate contact assigned to them, and reassign the contact to the matter by selecting from existing contacts.
Restore deleted contacts
Contact cards cannot be permanently deleted from Smokeball.
If you need to review information on a “deleted” contact card:
- Right-click anywhere on your contact list and select Show Deleted.
- Find the “deleted” contact, then select Restore.
- Get the required information from it, then right-click and select Delete once done.