Learn how to connect and sync your Outlook calendar with Smokeball, allowing you to manage calendar events either in Outlook or Smokeball, depending on your firm's preferences.
Any calendar event created in Smokeball will appear on Outlook, and every event created in Outlook can appear in Smokeball.
You can configure both features in the Outlook and Notifications tab located in Smokeball Settings.
How to access Outlook and notification settings
- Select File from the top-left corner of the Smokeball desktop app.
- Select Smokeball Settings.
- Navigate to the Outlook and Notifications tab.
Sync your Smokeball calendar with your local Outlook desktop calendar
- In the Outlook and Notifications tab, navigate to the Calendar sync section.
- Select Configure.
- Select a calendar to sync with.
Sync your Smokeball calendar with Microsoft 365
Follow these steps if your firm uses Microsoft 365:
- In the Outlook and Notifications tab, navigate to the Calendar Sync section.
- Select Authorize.
- You'll be directed to the Microsoft 365 login screen. Sign in with your credentials.
- Once you have authorised your account, select the calendar you wish to sync.
- The Disable option allows you to disable the sync of your current calendar without de-authorising the integration.
- Select Save. The calendar will begin syncing. Check the progress of the sync by hovering over the Cloud sync is in progress animation.
After completing the process, any changes made in your Smokeball or Outlook calendar will automatically sync with the other.
Important Note: You can only sync 1 Smokeball user to 1 unique Microsoft 365 account.
- For example, User A can sync their Smokeball calendar to any calendar in their own Microsoft 365 account.
- However, User A and User B cannot sync both of their Smokeball calendars to the same Microsoft 365 calendar or account.
Frequently Asked Questions about Microsoft 365 Calendar Sync
If I switch from Local to Cloud sync, will my events duplicate?
No, events should not be duplicated.
Will choosing Cloud sync affect the Outlook email integration with Smokeball?
Syncing the calendar should not affect how emails are saved to matters, whether manually or automatically, through threads.
Choosing the best sync option for your firm
- If your firm uses Microsoft 365 accounts, we highly recommend using Cloud Sync. You will be able to get updates to calendar events in real time from any device that can access Outlook 365, such as the Outlook mobile app. Since all data is saved to the cloud, there’s less likelihood of data corruption and interference that could cause issues with syncing.
- For any other type of mailbox, such as IMAP or Gmail, use Local Sync to connect your calendars. Note that with this option, you can only sync your calendar on one device at a time.