This article is an introduction to the different settings you can configure within Smokeball to optimize your experience with our software. Most settings feature links to additional resources if you wish to learn more.
You can access Smokeball Settings by selecting File and then selecting Smokeball Settings or by selecting the cog wheel.
You will then be presented with the Settings window. Use the tabs in the left-hand column to view each setting.
Types of Settings
- Firm Details: Enter or edit your firm’s basic information, including Firm Registration and Attorney numbers.
- Staff & Users: Add or remove existing staff information, including billing rates, AutoTime settings, and more. Staff & Users settings is also where you can disable user access.
- Internal Reference: Use this setting to set up an automatic matter filing number.
- Matter Configuration: Set up default Re:lines, folder structure, matter tags, stages, notes, and more under Matter Configuration.
- Matter Stages: Create Matter Stages to track the status of your matters from start to finish. You can also use Matter Stages to send automated Communicate messages.
- Workflows: Workflows are a series of tasks that can be built to make sure you never miss an important step in your matter’s process. Learn how to create and edit Workflows.
- Form Suites: Enable any Form Suite in Smokeball. All Form Suites are included in your subscription. Once you enable the Form Suite, additional forms and templates will be available in the Forms & Templates Library. When subscribing to each Form Suite, select accept all changes prior to saving.
- Automation Settings: Add basic automation settings for your firm, including electronic service options.
- Document Containers: Document Containers are default letterheads and court captions which can be used in template creation. Use this setting to edit, add, or remove your document containers.
- Outlook and Notifications: Use this setting to subscribe for a Daily Digest email and to enable Outlook integration with Smokeball for your calendar events.
- Phone Integration: Adjust your Ring Central integration settings with Smokeball under this setting.
- Integrated Searching: Use Integrated Searching to configure Smokeball’s integration with InfoTrack and Chicago Title.
- Email Marketing: Set up Smokeball’s integration with Campaign Monitor to sync contact lists for email marketing.
- Data Back Up (only visible to Firm Owners): Your Smokeball matters, client info, and documents are securely stored and backed up. If you want to create a local copy of your data, you can do so by selecting Create Data Backup.
Depending on how much data you have in Smokeball, creating a local copy may take a long time and use considerable computer resources. The data back up will not create copies of emails, documents, and other files in Smokeball. If you choose to end your Smokeball subscription, then Smokeball will provide you with a link to access your files. Reach out to your account manager if you have any questions.
Note: There is currently no fee for requesting a backup of your documents.
- Zoom Integration: Zoom is a video conferencing application. Use Smokeball’s integration with Zoom to schedule, launch, and track time for your Zoom meetings from your calendar events in Smokeball.
Did You Know
Each matter has specific settings which you can access from within the matter.