Whether you are trying to log into Smokeball and you forgot your password or if you want to change your password, you will need to reset your password.
To reset your password, you will need your username, which is usually your email address.
If you cannot remember your Smokeball username, or if your username is NOT a valid email address, you will need to contact support at 855-668-3207 or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to reset your credentials.
Changing your Smokeball Password
If you are logged in, select "Reset Password" on the file menu.
- A link will open. Enter your email address and look for instructions on how to reset your password.
- If you have trouble logging in and forgot your password, click "Forgot your password" on the Smokeball log in screen and you will be able to reset your password.
- NOTE: If your Smokeball username is NOT a valid email address, you will need to contact support at 855-668-3207 in order to reset your credentials.
- You can also Reset Your Password directly on this link.
Re-entering your Smokeball credentials
As a measure of security, log-in tokens will expire 6 months from the most recent log-in on the computer.
What this means is that you will need to re-enter your credentials for Smokeball if you have not logged out and in within the past 180 days. This is on a per computer basis.
- You will receive a warning on the Smokeball home screen starting 7 days before the token expires.
- This alert is no cause for alarm. Click the RE-ENTER CREDENTIALS button and you will be directed to a window to enter your credentials.
- If you do not re-enter your credentials before the log-in expires, Smokeball will switch to an offline mode.
- This means that, while you can still work in Smokeball, no data will be sent to other users from that computer and the computer will receive no data from other computers or users.
- In order to return to normal data syncing, simply re-enter your credentials as the alert advises.