When a staff member leaves your firm, we want to ensure that your client information entered into Smokeball continues to be secure and not accessible by former staff.
In a matter of a few clicks, you can set a staff member as "former staff" or disable access for them from your Smokeball account.
If you are replacing a user, it is still the best practice to disable access and set them as former staff and create a new user for your new staff.
Tasks, Calendar Events, etc. from the former staff can be manually moved to your new staff.
Disable Access and Set as Former Staff
- There are two ways to get to Smokeball Settings from the home screen.
- Double-click on the user in Staff & Users settings.
- Select disable access.
- The user will be logged out of Smokeball on their devices and unable to log in.
- Once you have created your new user, you can add them to Calendar Events and any Tasks.
- The disabled user will be removed from Calendar Events and any Tasks for the former staff will be moved to "unassigned" and available for reassignment.