Smokeball provides support for document comparisons within a matter. This feature cannot be used to compare documents between separate matters.
Follow these instructions to compare versions of the same document or two separate documents in a matter:
Compare Versions of the Same Document
- Select the document in your matter’s documents section.
- Right-click on the document and then select Properties.
- In the pop-up window, select the History tab. This will present a list with all past versions of the document.
- Select the version you wish to compare and then select the blue compare link.
- Use the checkboxes to select the other version you need for the comparison and then select the Compare button.
Compare Two Separate Documents
- Select two Word files in your matter’s documents section.
- Right-click on one of the documents and then select Compare from the menu.
- The documents will then be viewable in a side-by-side comparison in Microsoft Word.
- Note: You cannot compare other file types. This feature will not work for Excel files or .PDF files.