To set up Matter Stages for various matter types go to the Smokeball Settings and click on the Matter Stages tab.
Existing Matter Stage Sets will be shown and can be amended by double clicking. Otherwise, click the Add New button to begin a new list.
Fill in the following information:
- Name of the Stage Set
- The Matter Type the Stage Set will apply to. You can create multiple Stage Sets for the same Matter Type. You will be able to choose which Set to use on each new matter of this type. You can also select multiple Matter Types for the same Stage Set.
- Start adding stages and click New Stage to enter another. Individual stages can be moved up or down the order by the arrow buttons.
- Each stage only requires a Name to be entered.
- You can also choose to add an automated Communicate Message to be sent when the new stage is reached for the first time on each matter.
To add an automated Communicate message to a particular stage:
- Choose who the Communicate message will be sent to from the drop down list.
- Type your message. There are some fields listed in the drop down box that can be inserted into the message.
- Click the Save button to return to the Stage Set.
- Repeat if you want to set up different messages/recipients for each stage.
Note: The message will be sent when you first set this particular stage on any matter.