Next Step is used to track the most important upcoming task in your matter. It's a quick way to enter a task and ensure you don't miss an important step for your client. Make sure every one of you matters has a next step.
You can select an existing task or create a task from a next step widget. See Create a Task for more information on how to create single tasks.
How to Create a Next Step:
1. Locate the "Next Step" box in the top right corner of the matter you are working on.
2. Under NEXT STEP
- Enter task (to-do) in the dialog box
- Select a due date
- Assign the task to a staff member
- Select Save
Did you know…
- You can use existing tasks created for the next step
- A column for “Next steps due on” for all your matters appears on the Smokeball Home Screen Matter Area.
- You can run the report “Matter – Next Steps” in the Reports area for a breakdown of all Next Step details, including client, matter type, and staff member assigned.